This feature allows to create camera groups, with the ability to control each camera of a group at the same time. Grouping cameras can be used when an adjustement must be done on multiple cameras at the same time. For example, to recall a position on PTZ cameras, or to perform a white balance.
Groups are configured directly in the Configuration Web UI. Once all the cameras are configured, groups can be added on the
- First, create your camera configuration. In this example, the configuration contains two cameras in a stadium on each goal, and two VP4 channels
- Click on the camera you want to add in a or multiple groups, and set your groups in the
Tagsfield. Groups are defined with the keywork
group:, followed by the group name. Each groups must be separated by a comma. For example :
- Set the desired group name for each cameras that must be grouped. Each camera can have up to height groups. Group names are case sensitive, can contains only alpha-numeric characters plus "_" and "-".
Using groups on RCP
Each RCP contains a default group named "All". Even when no groups are configured, the "All" group is accessible from the RCP, and allows to control every camera set in the configuration.
- The group menu can be accessed by pressing on the fourth encoder button, located under the LCD.
|Activate the group menu||Group menu - no selection|
- On the group menu, groups can be selected by pressing the on-screen button. Once a group is selected, it is highlighed in orange, and the encoder's label color also change to orange.
To close the group menu, press on the fourth encoder button again. The RCP display the previous screen.
When a group is selected, the encoder's label stays orange. In addition, the camera icon, located on the top - right of the LCD also change, and the camera model is replaced by the group name, indicating that all actions will be applied to the group.
- Finally, to unselect a group, enter again in the group menu, and press on the selected group to unselect it.