4G Internet Connection
4G Internet connection of RIO, RCP, NIO via 4G USB dongle.
We recommand to take the
4G USB + WiFi AP versions.
They allows easy setup from your smartphone/laptop and monitoring on the field.
- ZTE 19d2:1405 ZTE WCDMA Technologies MSM ZTE Mobile Broadband.
HUAWEI E8372h-320(4G USB + WiFi AP)
HUAWEI E3372h-320(4G USB)
HUAWEI E8372h-608(4G USB + WiFi AP)
HUAWEI E3372h-608(4G USB)
We support all
You can probably find some variants or older versions, check with your local network operator for compatibility.
Example: in Europe,
- we recommand
HUAWEI E3372h-153will works too (older version, less bands supported)
Also working in europe: ZTE MF833V
- Use your computer to configure your 4G Dongle.
- Configuration examples are based on the HUAWEI E3372h LTE USB Stick.
- Check that your SIM is inserted in the modem
- Depending on your OS you will maybe need to install some drivers (windows, mac)
- After this step, the modem configuration webpage will open automatically
The webpage may differ based on model and version, but parameters to check are the same:
- DHCP range should be different from 10.192.0.0/16 to avoid conflicts
To configure your modem:
Click the Settings TAB.
Important: Enable Data Roaming.
Open Profile Management.
Create a New Profile.
Enter New Profile information, Important: specify the APN of the SIM's ISP.
If your SIM requires a PIN Code, entre the PIN Code in the Security -> PIN management page.
Verify the internet access
Now that your modem is correctly configured, check that you have internet:
Ensure to disable all your other internet sources (ethernet, wifi, etc.) to only keep 4G USB
Open https://fast.com/ in a browser and verify the connection by performing the speed test.
Cyanview device connection
- Connect the 4G Dongle to the CY-RCP using the USB port on the back.
USB extension may be required as some 4G USB modems are too large to fit there.
You can check that the RCP is correctly connected to internet by checking this page on your RCP.
For all other devices (RIO, NIO, etc.), any USB port will work.