This article covers the most important changes that come with this release
Based on our newsletter that you can find here.
You can find a detailed changelog here.
This update was focused on the following topics:
- Multi cam live with Cinema cameras workflows (RED Komodo, Sony FX9/FX6, etc.)
- Asynchronous status for camcorders and PTZ
- VMix integration (switcher and color correction)
- new cinema cameras workflows:
- Control of the main cinema cameras
- Sony Venice, FX9, FX6 (IP), FX3 (USB)
- Red Komodo
- Canon C70, C300 and C500
- Panasonic Varicam
- Control of the main cinema lenses (Canon, Fuji)
- Control of Tilta motors
- Control of LUT boxes : AJA Color box and Flanders BoxIO
- Integration with main software (import/export LUT): DaVinci Resolve, Adobe Premiere, Avid Media Composer
- Control of the main cinema cameras
- Asynchronous status for camcorders and PTZ's (Panasonic, Sony, Canon) : RCP now updates values from external sources (Panel, web UI, etc.)
- VMix integration : switcher and color correction
- TSL improvements for better tally integration
We will go through important changes included in this release.
You can find all the new features and bug fixes in the release note.
New product : RIO Live
This is a variant of the existing RIO mainly focused on cinema cameras workflows:
- limited to LAN (Wi-Fi, Ethernet)
- no cloud
- only one camera (including lens, camera body, etc.)
Cine Lens control
Usually, the lens (iris, zoom, focus) is controlled by the camera From an RCP point of view, we mainly need to control the iris.
But for some camera or some lenses, this is not possible. That's why we worked on various solutions to control lenses (and motors : Tilta, ARRI, C-Motion, etc.) alongside the camera.
You can find a complete guide:
Summary of camera supported
We now cover the whole range of Sony cinema cameras:
- Sony Venice
- Sony FX9 (CBM and IP), firmware V3 and V4 (new)
- Sony FX6 over IP (Ethernet and Wi-Fi)
- Sony FX30, A7R5, A7M4 over USB
- Sony FR7
And some minor changes on existing mirrorless Sony cameras (A7S, FX3, etc.)
We fixed some initialization issues on Sony 8P cameras (EX3, etc.) that impacted some camcorders.
We continue to improve the Canon integration, as all new canon now supports XC protocol, we added the following cameras: XF605 to the list of supported cameras.
And the newly released C70 allows controlling this camera over IP (instead of legacy
Remote A protocol)
Including a lot of improvements on existing cameras supporting the XC protocol (scene load/save, etc.)
We already support most of the Panasonic cameras, but this release focused on the PTZ improvements:
- We now support advance shading on high end PTZ like the UE150 (multi matrix, etc.)
- We also support asynchronous status:
- If you change values on the PTZ webpage, RCP is updated
- If you use Panasonic panel (AW-RP150, etc.), RCP is updated too
- the control was bidirectional, but we now we update RCP values with asynchronous status from external sources
As we control all Blackmagic camera directly through SDI. With the new RIO-live and the Wi-Fi integration, it allows new wireless workflows for Blackmagic.
We now have camera control using ATEM. This allows you to control the iris, gain, white balance, etc. of the camera connected to the ATEM switcher.
As it covers all the ATEM's, it also covers the ATEM Mini, constellation, etc.
Allowing you to control URSA G2, Pocket Cinema, etc.
Controls works also through HDMI/SDI converter.
We integrated the AJA Kumo and VMix router.
Allowing you to have tally and sync an AUX output with the RCP selected camera.
Color Correctors and LUT processors
We continue to add new color correctors :
- SNP Imagine
- VMix Color Corrector
And we also integrated various LUT processors:
We also added the ability to use LUTs from the LUT boxes. And work (import and export) LUTs from the LUT boxes to/from the RCP with your existing software (resolve, AVID, Premiere, etc.).
We added VMix integration and covers:
- VMix switcher
- VMix color corrector
It allows you to control the VMix switcher AUX output and color corrector from the RCP.
VMix can then acts as a tally input for the RCP that will route it to all your cameras.
And you can combine camera control with the VMix color corrector. This is especially interesting with a camera that has limited control (GoPro, mirrorless, etc.).
We added the new Dreamchip AtomOne mini Zoom and keep improving the existing Dreamchip AtomOne cameras.
To ensure proper operation and control, ensure to update both the RCP and the camera to the latest version. The Dreamchip protocol evolved and will not be compatible with older RCP software (and older RCP will not be compatible with the new camera firmware).
Keep in mind that we can control:
- lenses and motors
- PT head
You can mount Dreamchip cameras on this PT head. And we will control the PT head alongside the camera.
You can find a guide on this integration here.