- ILCE-1, ILCE-9M2, ILCE-7RM4A, ILCE-7RM4, ILCE-7SM3, ILCE-7C, DSC-RX0M2.
These camera can be controlled directly from the RCP or via a RIO (local or remote).
- Iris (FSTOP)
- Gain (ISO)
- Red gain (A-B)
- Blue gain (G-M)
Coupling your setup with a VP4 would allow multi-matrix and extended shading capabilities.
Connect the USB Type-C* terminal on the camera to the RIO / RCP with a USB DATA capable. Cable that should be provided with camera.
Deactivate power over USB as RIO/RCP cannot charge the DSLR over USB.
- MENU → (Setup) → USB → USB Power Supply → desired setting (OFF).
(*) Micro USB For DSC-RX0M2.
Upgrade DSLR firmware to the latest version using Sony software.
If you have a motorised lens, ensure it is in AUTO
Set your DSLR in S&Q or movie mode.
- Set the mode dial to (S&Q Motion).
Ensure camera controls are all in "manual" (M).
- MENU → (Shooting) → |Shooting Mode| → |Exposure Mode| → desired setting (S&Q M).
Ensure Remote Control is activated.
MENU → (Network) → |Transfer/Remote| → |PC Remote Function| → PC Remote Cnct Method → desired setting USB.
Connect camera to RIO or RCP using the USB cable.
Add the Camera to the RCP configuration via the RCP Configuration UI.
- Select Sony brand.
- Select DSLR model.
- If your DSLR is connected, in a compatible firmware version, it should be listed.
- By default "*" is selected, meaning we connect to the first one plugged (you can unplug this DSLR and plug another one, will work).
- If you select the DSLR serial, it will only works with the configured one.