The goal is to setup a lens control in parallel of the camera control.
- when the camera cannot control the lens (dreamchip atom one + B4 ENG lens)
- the lens is not compatible (FX9 + cabrio lens) with the camera
- iris/zoom/focus, we will send it to the lens
- shading, we will send it to the camera and it is transparent for the vision engineer on the RCP.
ENG lens for specialty
Required cable : CY-CBL-6P-B4-01.
B4 lens for D-Cinema
Compatible Cyanview device
- CI0/RIO-live for local (LAN)
- RIO for remote control (internet)
Advantage of each solution:
CI0 is acting as a serial/IP converter. If the link between RCP/CI0 is broken or unstable, lens will not be controlled anymore and iris will close/reset.
RIO-live is a CI0, but with the brain of a RCP (all the protocol). If the link between RCP/RIO-live is broken or unstable, lens is still controlled by the RIO-live.
RIO same as RIO-live, but can control multiple cameras and has cloud connectivity.
- Setup your camera as usual following one of the guide available (here, I will show the setup with an FX9)
- In the
configurationtab, click on your camera
- In the right tab, scroll down to
- Select B4 Generic
- Select your CI0/RIO and the port on which the lens is plugged
If you only need the Iris control and let zoom/focus controlled by the cameraman, on your RCP:
- Click on
Lens, to open the lens menu
- Click again on
Lens, to open the second page of the lens menu
- Click on
Z/F Ento disable it (only
Iris Enshould be highlighted with white background)
This should looks like this:
And once correctly connected, it should be green: